All families are welcome! Help us celebrate the end of testing.
On Friday, April 19th. Movie starts at 7:35 pm
Free admission, popcorn, cookies, and water.
Other snacks will be available for purchase.
Bring your own blanket, chairs. Outside food and drinks are welcome.
We will have a Teacher Appreciation Station!
The students at HPA participated in the Kids Heart Challenge with the American Heart Association. We are extremely proud of all the students that helped the 5th graders with their community service project. As a school, we raised $3,814.65. Our biggest raiser was Jaxyn Duger, a 2nd grader, who raised $1,004.90! Next year we are hoping to raise even more to help those children affected by heart disease.
The second graders in Mrs. Cooper's class are learning about the life cycle of butterflies. They have written papers on the life cycle and are excited that their first butterfly has emerged from it's chrysalis.
Since Mrs. Gates' class is starting geometry this week, they decided to go on a polygon hunt throughout the school. Students had to share their findings and describe the attributes of each shape. How many polygons can you name?
Texting, livestreaming, Snapchat, Fortnite. Technology is changing fast, and many of us are struggling to stay one step ahead of our kids. Please join us at 5:30 on April 18th at HPA for a discussion on how to teach them to be smart, safe, and respectful digital citizens. You’ll learn about:
• The importance of knowing the sites and apps your child uses
• How kids are using mobile devices like smartphones and tablets
• Social networking sites and how to help your child use them wisely
• What to do if your child encounters online bullying
• Objectionable content and what to do if your child views it
• The importance of teaching your child to find a healthy balance with technology use
• Your role in keeping the conversation going about responsible Internet use